It's Rough Sometimes

 I think the hardest thing to be in the 21st century is Catholic, especially a Catholic woman. We've got all these different ideas of what the world tells us to be that are the opposite of what we're called by God to be. This goes for modesty, passions, pastimes, and even our personalities.

 Our very womanhood gets called into question every day and we must choose if we want to be how God made us as beautiful creations in His image or to put on society's mask. It's a decision we must make every day, and it can be very difficult sometimes. I struggle with it as much as the next woman, but then I remember that I'm nobody if I'm not myself. God made me in His image and I am fearfully and wonderfully made. No amount of makeup or clothing will change my quirkiness so I don't even bother trying anymore.

 The thing is, the people who God wants in my life accept my faults along with everything else that I am. That's the way it should be. Does that mean I've lost some people as friends because of who I am as someone who isn't afraid to stand up for what's right or is just plain weird sometimes? OF COURSE. Throughout my life I've lost many friends because of who I am, but every time I realize God took them out of my life for a reason. This is a price to pay for being "the good girl". But it's worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing He Can't Handle

What A Detox Did For Me

Trigger Warning