YOLO

  Lots of people use “YOLO” as an excuse to party, get drunk, and hook up. Those aren’t good reasons to use YOLO. Think about it; we do only live once, but after that you will get judged by our Creator on how we lived. We got put on this earth to glorify God, being made in His image. God doesn’t get drunk, lie, steal, cheat, backstab, or hook up. So why does our culture say it’s okay? Fact is, that stuff isn’t okay. If you died today, where would you go? 2 choices—Heaven or Hell. You choose your destination. Don’t believe me? Read the Bible. Say you’re a hung over 17 year old who gets shot and killed. When you go to talk to the Big Man Upstairs, what’re you going to say to Him? “Come on, God. I was just having some fun. YOLO?” And give Him your best smile and wink. Not gonna fly.

  Just because you accept Him as your Savior doesn’t mean you can screw off and not be a good person for the rest of your life. You gotta live for Him. Everything you do, say, and think. Nobody’s perfect; I sin, you sin, we all sin, but you still have to try to live for Him, give it your all. Your ALL. Not your “after school” all or your “when I’m sober” all. Your whole life all.

  Oh, but your friends don’t think it’s cool to be the “good girl” or the “good boy”. SO WHAT! I’d rather be the odd one out now and go to Heaven than be the popular kid because I’m bad. It’s worth it in the end.

  I’m not judging, because who am I to judge? I have neither the power nor the authority. However, it is my responsibility and yours to get to Heaven and help others get there, too. To feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, visit the sick and imprisoned, and bury the dead. To counsel the doubtful, bear wrongs patiently, forgive offenses willingly, comfort the afflicted, instruct the ignorant, admonish the sinner, and pray for the living and the dead. **Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy**

  That's YOLO.

*Disclaimer* I actually wrote this a couple years ago and posted it on another blog I contribute to, which is called "Confidently Catholic". Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing He Can't Handle

What A Detox Did For Me

Trigger Warning